Aquaculture is also known as aqua-farming; which is referring to the farming of aquatic organisms. The farming of aquatic organisms at this point is involves cultivating freshwater and saltwater populations under controlled conditions. It is becoming an increasingly important source of food that is available for human consumption nowadays.
Thus, this program was created to produce student with the ability to construct knowledge and acquire understanding on the concepts of aquaculture and apply these understandings to interpret, incorporate and expand their knowledge in real life applications as well as to equip the students with professional manner good ethics and leadership qualities.
- Passed Peperiksaan Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM)/ Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia Vokasional (SPMV) and obtained (3) subjects with credits including science subject or
- Obtained Certificate in Aquaculture/ Agriculture/ Veterinar from public higher learning Institutions (IPTA) or Private higher institutions (IPTS) accredited by the Government (IPTS) with a minimum of CGPA 2.00 or
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with 3 Grade B in Biology, Chemistry and Advanced Mathematics (I or II) and Grade C in English or
- Have 5 years working experience in Aquaculture Industry and passed Peperiksaan Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) / Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia Vokasional (SPMV) and
- SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
- Aquaculture Consultant
- Aquaculture Entrepreneur
- Assistant Research Officer (Fisheries and Aquaculture )
- Assistant Science Officer (Fisheries and Aquaculture)
- Food Industry
- Aquaculture Technician (Private sector -Fish Farm and Hatchery)
- Assistant Operation/Project Manager (Private Sector)
- Line/ Production supervisor (Private Sector)