- The study of biodiversity reflects the extent of the interest of a nation in its natural resources and heritage, which is considered as a crucial portion of the national wealth. Since Malaysia is one of the twelve mega-diversity centre of the earth, much emphasis should be put on understanding, preserving and utilizing the biodiversity of our biotic resources.
- Students are required to attend an internship programme to familliarize with the actual working environment.
At the end of this programme, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of biotechnology and information technology.
- Use IT to analyze, synthesize and evaluate information and knowledge in various disciplines of biotechnology.
- Apply in-depth knowledge of a particular sub discipline in bioinformatics.
- Design and conduct experiments.
- Analyses and interprets the experimental data.
- Utilize modern tools to compute, develop and execute solutions to meet industrial requirements.
- Communicate and demonstrate interpersonal skills.
- Function effectively as an individual, leader and team work.
- Pursue life-long learning to meet global challenges.
- Be professional and ethical in their profession
- Foundation studies with minimum CGPA 2.00 from UNISEL or
- Matriculation from Education Ministry Malaysia or
- Any other equivalent private institutions that has obtained at least a minimum standard from MQA with CGPA 2.00 or
- Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM) or equivalent qualification with at least 2 principals or
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with Grade B in 5 relevant subjects including Biology and Chemistry or
- A recognized Diploma in science/ Computer Science/ Information Technology with minimum CGPA 2.00 from government institutes or private institutes that has obtained at least a minimum standard and
- Has sat/taken for MUET. If students have not taken the MUET, they are obligatory to take MUET while pursuing degree in UNISEL.
- Computational Biologist
- Biotechnology Scientist/ Researcher
- Pharmaceutical Research Engineer
- Software/ System Engineer
- Software/ Database Programmer
- Software Analyst
- Clinical Data Manager
- System Administrator
- Software Developer
- Computer Science Scientist
- Public Sector: Basic starting monthly salary is around RM1,800; plus allowances (such as housing) the total can amount to around RM2,500.
- Private Sector: The amount of basic starting monthly salary can vary from the above amount. However, the total amount of monthly salary earned (inclusive of allowances) is subject to negotiation and which can be higher than that earned in the public sector.
Tution Fees - RM 30,060 (Local) *
* The policies, regulations,procedures and fees are subject to change without prior notice of Unisel