Bachelor of Engineering Mechanical (Hons)
Engineering Accreditation Council (EAC)[2014-2016](BEM/024/0600/M006/812)
Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA)[2012-2017](R/521/6/0037/09/17) (A1846)
Open through the years (APR / AUG / NOV)
4-Year / 8 Semester
Local - RM 47,160
International - RM 62,830
Mechanical Engineering discipline was firstly developed from the application of physics and materials science principles. The generation and application of Heat Transfer, Mechanical Design, Manufacturing and Production, Machine Tools, and Applied Mechanics are the branches of the field.The field requires various cores of mechanical engineering areas which are mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, materials science, machine design and energy. Mechanical engineers will apply the core principles of the knowledge in designing and analyzing manufacturing systems, industrial equipment’s and machineries, heating and cooling systems, motor vehicles, aircraft, watercraft, robotics, medical devices and many more.
The Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Mechanical at the Engineering Department, FELS Unisel is a 4-year degree programme that aims to provide graduates with a theoretical foundation as well as design experience in the area of thermo-fluid, mechanical design, manufacturing, materials and applied mechanics. The fundamental aspect of these core foundations are achieved in the First and Second Year of study and enable students to utilize them in the design courses and develop their design knowledge and skills. The students are also required to undergo Industrial Training in the Third Year of their studies during the short semester. The industrial placement accords students with competitive experiences before entering the job market. This training also provides exposure on business environment, teamwork and other positive attitudes as well as other transferable knowledge and skills. The industrial exposure also opens up their minds of the industrial environment to bring back into the classrooms with numerous potentials in their career choice. In Fourth Year, students are allowed to select 4 elective courses in areas where their particular interests have developed. The areas are Thermo-fluids, Materials and Design and Manufacturing System. Students are also required to undertake Final Year Project within two semesters during the Fourth Year.
1. Pass Foundation in Science from UNISEL/ Matriculation Certificate in Physical Science from Ministry of Education/Private Institution with at least CGPA 2.00 AND pass Malay and English subject in SPM level; or
2. Diploma in Engineering/ Science/ Technology or equivalent from Public/Private Institution with at least CGPA 2.00 AND pass Malay and English subject in SPM level; or
3. Pass STPM or equivalent with 2 principles (NGMP 2.00) inclusive of Mathematics and 1 relevant Science subject AND pass Malay and English subject in SPM level; or
4. Pass other qualification that organized by Malaysian Government.
5. AND Band 2 in Malaysia University English Test (MUET) certificate.
1. Pass UEC with at least Grade B in 5 subjects inclusive Mathematics and Science/Technology/Vocational subjects AND a pass in English; or
2. Australian Senior Secondary Qualification;
- Pass South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) with a minimum mark of 50 in 5 subjects; or
- Pass Western Australian certificate of Education (WACE) with a minimum grade C; or
- Pass New South Wales Higher School Certificate(NSWHSC) with a minimum of 60 marks (BAND 3); or
- Pass other qualifications recognized by the Australian State.
3. Canadian International Programme (CIMP)/International Canadian Pre-University Programme (ICPU);
- Pass Ontario Secondary School Diploma(OSSD) with a minimum mark of 60% in 6 subjects; or
- Pass other qualifications recognised by resident country/state with Grade 12; or
4. Pass other qualification that organized by Malaysian Government.
AND Candidates MUST Pass with minimum (Band 2) for Malaysia University English Test (MUET) certificate to qualify the entry to enrol into this programme.
Mechanical engineering graduates career prospect are ;
|The Engineering Department is committed to produce:|
|PEO1||Graduates who are competent in Mechanical engineering profession or in other fields they choose to pursue.|
|PEO2||Graduates will are leaders with ethical values in their chosen profession as well as being socially responsible.|
|PEO3||Graduates who are involved in lifelong learning activities for successful career advancement.|
|Domains||PLO No.||Keywords||PLO Statements|
|At the end of the programme, students should be able:|
|Knowledge||1||Engineering Knowledge||To apply knowledge of mathematics,,science, fundamentals and other related fields to the solution of,complex engineering problems.|
|2||Problem Analysis||To identify, formulate research literature and analyze complex engineering problems.|
|3||Design/Development of Solutions||To design solutions for complex,engineering problems that meet specified needs with appropriate,consideration for public health and societal and environmental,considerations|
|4||Investigation||To conduct investigation into complex,problems using research based knowledge and research methods including,design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis,of information to provide valid conclusions|
|5||Engineer & society||To apply reasonable and practical,knowledge to assess societal , health, safety, legal and cultural issues,and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional,engineering practice|
|6||Environment & Sustainability||To explain the impact of professional,engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and,demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.|
|7||Project Management & Finance||To demonstrate knowledge of engineering, management and financial principles in multidisciplinary environments|
|Skill||8||Individual and Teamwork||To function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings|
|9||Communication||To communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large|
|10||Modern Tool Usage||To create, select and apply appropriate,techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including,prediction and modelling, to complex engineering activities, with an,understanding of the limitations|
|Attitude||11||Ethics||To ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice|
|12||Life Long Learning||To recognise the need for and have the,preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning,in the broadest context of technological change|
Our faculty provides an exposure to real working environment via various programmes and the latest news about them will be announced through various communication channels, including Facebook and this website.Contact Us