- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Mathematics with Statistics is specially created for students who are interested in specializes in mathematics and statistics in order to fulfill industrial demands in the area of science and apply statistics and mathematics through research
- The curriculum development and assessment are monitored by qualified academic advisors from reputable universities and industries to assure its quality.
- In addition to strengthen a fundamental knowledge in mathematics and statistics, develop strong analytical and critical thinking, enhance effective communication and problem solving skills as well as to equip students with professional attitudes, good ethics and leadership qualities and to provide students with an educational experience that motivates them to pursue life-long learning.
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Mathematics with Statistics is a 3 ½ year programme conducted in 7 long semesters and 3 short semesters. Each semester consists of 14 weeks (long semester) and 7 weeks (short semester) of lectures, tutorials, lab-works, research project and industrial training. Students need to accomplish minimum 120 credit hours to complete the programme.
At the end of this programme, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate the solid fundamental knowledge in mathematics and statistics.
- Identify a range of techniques effectively to solve problems in mathematics and statistics in industrial applications
- Apply the fundamental knowledge in mathematics and statistics in undertaking problems identification, formulation and solution with critical thinking.
- Organize data using appropriate concepts and techniques from statistics and mathematics and present the results with appropriate terminology, formulae and graphical displays.
- Construct and analyze model analyses in mathematics and statistics problems in related industrial field.
- Communicate effectively and give strong opinion among people.
- Practice professional and ethical attitudes among society.
- Function effectively as an individual or in a working team
- Demonstrate the skills and motivation for continued self
- Foundation studies with minimum CGPA 2.00 from UNISEL or
- Matriculation from Education Ministry Malaysia or any other equivalent private institution that has obtained at least a minimum standard from MQA with CGPA 2.00 or
- STPM or equivalent qualification with at least 2 principals including Mathematics or
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with Grade B in 5 relevant subjects including Mathematics or
- Diploma with minimum CGPA 2.00 from government or private institution that has obtained at least a minimum standard from MQA
- And has set /taken MUET. If students have not taken the MUET, they are obligatory to take MUET while pursuing degree in UNISEL.
- Local authorities
- Institutions of Higher Education
- Statistics Department
- Research Institutions
- Basic starting monthly salary is around RM1,800; plus allowances (such as housing) the total can amount to around RM2,500.
- Research Consultancy
- Private education institution
- IT companies
- Engineering Companies
- The amount of basic starting monthly salary can vary from the above amount. However, the total amount of monthly salary earned (inclusive of allowances) is subject to negotiation and which can be higher than that earned in the public sector.
RM 27,320 (Local) *
* The policies, regulations,procedures and fees are subject to change without prior notice of Unisel